Terms & Conditions
Last updated: 28.04.2017
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the http://www.scarletladiestalk.com website, sign up for membership or attend our events. Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service. By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
1 Subscription and Queries
1.1 You can find out about the different membership levels and perks online at http://www.scarletladiestalk.com
1.2 If you have any problems or queries with your subscription, please contact Sarah on 07754 351 024 or email [email protected]
1.3 Membership is subject to our Code of Conduct and we reserve the right to refuse or terminate your membership.
1.4 By applying for membership You will be deemed to have consented to these Membership Terms & Conditions
1.5 We reserve the right to change or update these Membership Terms & Conditions from time to time (subject to Your termination right pursuant to paragraph 5). Any revisions to these Membership Terms & Conditions will be notified to You the next time that You log on to the Site as a Member.
2.1 Once you have applied for membership we will contact you to let you know if your application has been accepted and to take payment details to complete your sign up.
2.2 Confirmation of your sign up will be sent to you immediately after we have confirmed your payment details. If you have not received an email confirmation within 24 hours of subscribing online, please contact us on [email protected] or call Sarah on 07754 351 024.
3. Payment Terms and Discounts
3.1 Payment must be made to complete sign up unless specifically stated. Credit / debit card payment have to be made over the phone.
3.2 We do not accept payments via cash or cheque.
3.3 All payments must be made in UK Sterling.
3.4 Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with other offers or discounted rates. At the point of subscription the discount offered applies to the person signing up for membership.
3.5 We reserve the right to change the membership fee.
3.6 At the time of joining fee, a one off joining fee of £20 will be charged.
4.1 Please note that membership is non-transferable.
5.1 We reserve the right to refuse or terminate your membership without notice if
- You do not comply with our code of conduct
- You are behaving in an abusive or offensive manner towards other members
- You repeatedly sign up for free events and don’t attend without cancelling your ticket
- You have been inactive for over 6 months
5.2 Please note that any Member subscription paid by You is non-refundable.
5.3 The member joining fee is non-refundable.
5.4 There is no minimum contract term and no cancellation period. To terminate your membership please contact us on [email protected] or call 07754 351 024.
6. Age of Consent
6.1 You must be 18 years or over to register as a Member. If We discover or have any reason to suspect that You are not over 18 years of age, then We reserve Our right to suspend or terminate Your Membership to this Site immediately and without notice.
7. Password Member Name and Security
7.1 Upon registration as a Member, You will select a password and Member name that You can use to access Your Member account and profile and to log on to the Members’ area of the Site.
7.2 You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your password and Member name and are responsible for all activities that occur under them. We do not have the means to check the identity of people using the Members’ area of the Site and will not be liable where Your password or Member name are used by someone else.
7.3 You agree to notify Us immediately of any unauthorised use of Your password or Member name or any other breach of security of which You become aware.
8. Data protection
8.1 We will treat your personal information in accordance with data protection legislation. We will use your information for administration, communication and research. To do this we may share your information with our business partners.
8.2 If you have any questions on how we may use your data please contact [email protected]
Event Bookings and Cancellations
9. Bookings and Queries
9.1 Please book online at http://www.scarletladiestalk.com/events-2/
9.2 If you have any problems or queries with your bookings, please contact Sarah on 07754 351 024 or email [email protected]
9.3 Bookings are ‘subject to availability’ and therefore we cannot guarantee you a place on any event.
10. Age of Consent
10.1 You must be 18 years or over to register for any of our events. If We discover or have any reason to suspect that You are not over 18 years of age, then We reserve Our right to refuse entry to the event and suspend or terminate Your Membership to this Site immediately and without notice.
11.1 Booking confirmation will be sent to you immediately for all online bookings. If you have not received an email confirmation within 24 hours of making the online booking, please contact us on [email protected] or call Sarah on 07754 351 024.
12.Payment Terms and Discounts
12.1 Payment must be made at the time of booking unless specifically stated. Credit / debit card payment can be made over the phone or via the website.
12.2 We do not accept payments via cash or cheque.
12.3 Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with other offers or discounted rates. At the point of booking the discount offered applies to the person attending the event.
13.1 Please note that tickets to events are non-transferable.
14.1 If Scarlet Ladies have to cancel the event, our liability in the event of cancellation is limited to a full refund of the event fee only. We will not refund the following:
- any travel or hotel costs associated with the cancellation of an event
- any other fees or costs you have incurred relating to your attendance of our event
14.2 If you wish to cancel your ticket, please email [email protected]
14.3 Tickets for events are non refundable
14.4 Scarlet Ladies accepts no liability if an event is cancelled or postponed for reasons beyond our reasonable control resulting from an act of God, governmental regulation, fire, war, terrorist activity or civil commotion.
15. Non-attendance at Events
15.1 If you do not attend or cancel your booking within 3 days of an event 3 times, a discretionary administration fee of £20 will be charged before you are able to book into another event.
16. Data protection
16.1 We will treat your personal information in accordance with data protection legislation. We will use your information for administration, communication and research. To do this we may share your information with our business partners. A list of all delegates may be published and circulated at the event.
16.2 If you have any questions on how we may use your data please contact [email protected]
17.1 It may be necessary for reasons beyond our control to change the content and timing of the programme, the speakers, the date or the venue at any time prior to the event date.
18.1 Scarlet Ladies accepts no liability if a guest is unable to attend an event due to adverse weather conditions or any travel disruption.
19.1 Unless specifically stated, Scarlet Ladies does not offer accommodation for any of our events.
20. Filming and sound recording
20.1 Scarlet Ladies do not allow the filming, recording or photography of our events or members. We reserve the right to film, record or photograph any of the speakers at an event for post event purposes. Guests are advised that this may result in incidental inclusion of delegates within any recording or photographs.
20.2 If you do not wish to be included in any filming, recording or photography, please speak to us during the event and email us on [email protected]
After the Event
21. Guest feedback
21.1 Your feedback is important to us. We want to bring you the most relevant events always. We may ask you to fill in a feedback form during an event or email you a feedback form after an event. We would ask that this is completed and returned to us within seven days to allow Scarlet Ladies to continue to improve and tailor future events more closely to your requirements.
22. Your Warranties
22.1 You warrant that:
- You are over 18 years of age;
- You will comply with these Membership Terms & Conditions including, without limitation, the restrictions relating to acceptable use set out at section 6 below.
22.2 You agree to indemnify and hold Us harmless from any claim or damages (including any legal fees in relation to same) made by a third party in respect of any matter in relation to or arising from Your use and Membership arising from any breach or suspected breach of these Membership Terms & Conditions by You or Your violation of any law or the rights of any third party.
23. Acceptable Use
23.1 We support the free flow of information and ideas over the Internet and do not actively monitor use of the Site, including the Members’ area under normal circumstances. We seek to balance this aim with Our obligations to other Members and at law however. We do therefore review all profiles entered onto the Site by Members, check comments where certain keywords are triggered in order to ensure compliance with these terms, and to comply with or investigate any enforcement agency or police request or complaints. We also therefore require that You do not:
- say or do anything that would cause annoyance, inconvenience, harassment or needless anxiety to others;
- advertise or promote third party or Your own products or services including by way of the distribution of ‘spam’ mail;
- use foul, threatening or offensive language including, without limitation, racist, sexist, ageist, homophobic or sexually explicit language where inappropriate;
- make insulting remarks to or about other Members (“flaming”);
- distribute illegal, copyright infringing, indecent or offensive material or any messages or content that may incite disorder or encourage illegal activities or that causes or may cause harm to minors;
- impersonate another person or Member;
- transfer files that contain viruses, Trojans or other harmful programs;
- use the Site to conduct any fraudulent activity including any “pyramid scheme”; “Ponzi scheme” or “chain letter”;
- access or attempt to access the accounts of other Members or to penetrate or attempt to penetrate the Site security measures;
- have more than one Member Account at any time.
23.2 We may take any or all of the following action at Our discretion:
- remove any Member profile (including photographs) or other material that, in Our sole discretion may be inappropriate or We suspect to be illegal, subject Us to liability or which may violate these Membership Terms & Conditions or where required to do so by law;
- issue Members with verbal or written warnings and may take such further action as We deem appropriate under this paragraph 6.2 if such warnings are not heeded;
- suspend or terminate a Member’s access to the Members’ area of the Site or a Member’s Account without notice at any time;
- inform the appropriate authorities and provide them with information regarding any suspected illegal activity; or
- bring legal action against a Member or other user of the Site in relation to any breach of these Membership Terms & Conditions or any illegal or suspected illegal activity. We will determine what action is appropriate to be taken against a Member on a case by case basis.
23.3 You acknowledge that We may be required by law or regulation to access, monitor, store or copy material sent by or to Members without further notice to You.
24. Links To Other Websites
24.1 Our Service may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Scarlet Ladies.
24.2 Scarlet Ladies Talk has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for
- the content,
- privacy policies,
- or practices
of any third party web sites or services.
24.3 You further acknowledge and agree that Scarlet Ladies shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
25.1 We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
26. Contact Us
26.1 If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us via email on [email protected]